Post by Deleted on Feb 7, 2016 23:36:50 GMT
1. Don’t be rude. We try to be a very friendly and welcoming community, and as such, we do not tolerate bullying or harassment in any form. If it is found out that you are bullying other players, you will be given one warning. If the behavior continues, you will be removed from the group.
2. Keep in character and out of character separate. Remember that players are not their characters and that a fight between characters should NEVER translate to a fight between players.
- 2a. In addition, keep OOC conversations out of IC threads. You can add them to posts with clear markers, like brackets or parentheses, but you should not have a whole OOC conversation with no IC posts. We have a chat for that and encourage that you utilize it.
3. This community is PG-13. It is against the Proboards TOS for users to post content which is inappropriate for minors. This includes private messaging. If you want to engage in that type of thread, you must 1) make sure both players (and their characters!) are over the age of 18 and 2) that it is off the forum.
- 3a. You may use Slack’s private messaging system for these threads, but they cannot be used as credit for activity checks.
- 3b. To that end, plots involving sensitive/touchy/potentially triggering themes are not allowed without prior approval. Please ask a mod if you need an exhaustive list.
- 3c. We want this group to be a welcoming place. If something makes you uncomfortable, please feel free to come to one of the admins. We will address the situation and keep your identity anonymous.
4. No godmodding. This means you are not allowed to control the actions of a character that is not yours in any way, even something as simple as writing them saying “hi” or replying to an obvious action. Unless a character is yours, you may not write them unless you have explicit permission from the other writer to do so. In addition, make sure your character only knows information that it would make sense in universe for them to know. For example, if a character is thinking bad thoughts about yours, but acting perfectly nicely, your character should not be privy to this information.
- 4a. In addition, the Pokemon you have and items you have must be obtained fairly and are only allowed their canon movesets and functions. You can’t have a Magikarp that knows Solar Beam. You must catch Pokemon via appropriate threads and your character must have a reason to have their items or obtain them during the course of the roleplay.
- 4b. This also includes not posting in threads which are designated [Closed] or that your character could not logically partake in–for example, if your character is in Patoh City, they can’t post in threads in Kyles City.
- 4c. Don’t assume relationships between characters. Even if your characters are from the same universe, you need to work that out with the player before deciding on in universe relationships. This is an AU for any established characters, so they may not know each other.
5. We are a third person, paragraph format community. Please do your best to use proper grammar and spelling. You don’t have to be perfect–as long as you’re making an effort, you’ll be fine!
6. Don’t double post in roleplay threads. Edit your post if you need to add anything else, but in general, roleplays are a back and forth. Generally, it’s more fun to play with other people! Otherwise, you’re just writing fanfiction. (Which is great! But not what this forum is for.)
7. Your username should be the name of your character, and have one account per character. You can link your accounts to each other, but they should still be separate display names. To create multiple characters on one account, log out, and register again using the same email address. You will be given the option to add another username to the email address and you can switch your account in the bottom right corner of the screen.
8. Don’t play more characters than you can handle. Each of your characters has to pass an activity check each month. Currently, the character limit is 2, but many people have trouble even keeping up that many, so please keep your limits in mind. If you have been shown in the past to be unable to handle multiple characters, your applications for additional ones may be denied. The character limit may be increased at a later date.
9. Keep avatars and signatures themed to the character you are playing or the community. You may have links to your character’s wiki page or threads on the forum in your signature. Your avatar should be a picture of your character. You can use dollmakers, your own art, or faceclaims/commissions that you have received permission to use.
10. You must have a thread for each of your characters in the Character Directory and keep it up to date. This includes keeping the Pokemon you have caught and items you have obtained current.
11. Activity checks are once a month, and must be passed by each of your characters individually. These are conducted in the first week of each month over the Slack Chat Client, so if you do not have your account set up, PM a mod or admin for access.
12. Ash Ketchum is not allowed. You may app most characters from the Pokemon universe as long as they have an in universe reason to be there, except for Ash Ketchum. As this community does not have a main character, we feel Ash would throw off the balance, because let’s be real, what HASN’T that kid done.
Thank you for sticking with us and have fun on your Pokemon Journey!
Nobody likes getting in trouble, and most people don’t like disciplining others, either. To keep things a little simpler, we have a formal warning system. However, we really don’t want to use it, so let’s all do our best to create a community where we don’t have to!
- You will be given a verbal warning if you are found breaking a rule.
- If you do not correct the behavior, you will receive an official warning.
If you have a history of ignoring mods or admins and receive several warnings, you may be suspended. The rule of thumb is if you receive 3 official warnings, you will be suspended from 2 days to a week, depending on the severity of the offense.
- If you are suspended three or more times in a calendar year, you will be banned.
- The only exception to the above rules is if you are caught flaming or bullying, which result in an instant official warning, and if the behavior is not corrected, an instant, permanent ban.
Let’s not have to actually use this system and play nicely!